Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

UGI, clean up your mess - now!


Late in February UGI spent a week installing a gas line down our street.  The process went well until they reached our property and ran into heavy rock.  It took them several days to complete the line in front of our house - on our lawn.  And we weren't even getting gas to our house.  For several days their equipment dug up our lawn and created many deep ruts in the lawn.  The workers assured me that within a few days another crew would come to complete the work and restore our lawn.  Weeks went by and nobody showed up.  We were left with rocky soil, ruts and weeds.  So I tried to call UGI.  Twice, after long delays, I got cut off.  On the third frustrating try I finally reached someone who told me that UGI would be in touch with me the next day.  That never happened.  So I wrote a letter.  A few days later a UGI workman showed up to promise me that a restoration crew was on the way.  If it didn't show up he'd even hire somebody local to fix the problem so that I could cut grass and complete my spring lawn care.  Promises, promises! Weeks passed by again with no response.  Finally I wrote a second letter to the man who had visited us asking him for a date when the work would be done.  He never replied.  Finally I reached him on phone and he said that he would have the restoration crew contact me.  Unbelievably, within an hour I did receive a call from the foreman of the crew.  He told me that the work would be done within a week and definitely by last Friday. They were working in Lititz and would here in a day or two. I guess I wasn't the least bit surprised when that didn't happen.  And we are still waiting.  No work, no response, nothing!  If this is typical of UGI's customer service then they have talked me out of ever dealing with them.  I have been lied to, I have been misled, I have been ignored and I am frustrated and upset.  I don't know who to even contact. I don't trust any of them.  Is this the new American way - promise, lie and ignore? Maybe it is time to go public with my frustration.  So if you deal with UGI, when you pay your next bill tell them to clean up their job at 180 W. Charlotte St., in Millersville.  It's now two months and I am still waiting.  UGI, clean up your mess!   Stay tuned.

No comments: