Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

I Was Drug Too!

Here was an article from the internet that was recently sent to me.


Now we didn't have a woodshed and dad didn't have fields, but I thank God that I, too, was "drug" by my loving parents.  I was "drug" to church not only on Sunday mornings, but Sunday nights, Wednesday nights, and any night that there was a church function.  I was even "drug" away from little league baseball practice and games to attend Wednesday night prayer meetings.  I didn't get it very often, but when I needed it, my father "drug" me to the bedroom and he didn't spare the rod.  When we built our new house in Lititz I was "drug" there to help pick rocks out of the fill which would eventually be our backyard.  And guess what?  Today I have no regrets about my former "drug" problems and, in fact, they are good memories.  My parents knew that I would never be a professional athlete but they knew that I could be a respectable citizen and more importantly a child of God.  But today we have a generation of parents who are afraid to say "no" and put limits on their kids.  They give them everything they want - much more than they need.  They don't make them work and they defend their actions instead of discipling them. They don't make them go to church - they want to allow them to make their own decisions about God and life so they let the world mold their lifestyle and beliefs. The rod of discipline that the Bible talks about has been lost in most homes, even in Christian homes.  And I think many parents are even afraid of their children. They's given up control to a Godless, immoral society.  Fortunately there are still some parents who strive to raise their children by God's standards.  And fortunately there are some children who are privileged to have such parents.  I thank God that I was.

No comments: