Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Monday, August 13, 2012

Customer Service Tale #4


Stay with me for one more customer service story - this one has a better ending.  We recently received a call from an instrumentalist from our church who needed Dianne to make a background CD for a solo he was scheduled to play the following Sunday.  Dianne has used our Korg M1 keyboard/synthesizer numerous times to do this for him and others.  However, when she turned it on there was a signal that the internal battery needed to be replaced.  This happened five or six years ago and replacing the battery means opening the case to replace the battery. That I could do. But it also means that it is likely that you will lose and need to reload all of your sounds.  That part I can't do. And what good is a keyboard with no sounds?  So we tried calling the man in Wrightsville who had done this work for us previously, but his phone is now disconnected.  Not sure what to do, I consulted a few friends who I hoped might have some contacts who could help us out.  Unfortunately, none of them did.  So we did what we should have done sooner, we prayed.  Then I went to the Korg website to see if they had any certified service centers in the area.  We found that the closest ones were located in Dover and Annville. Next would have been Baltimore.  The one in Dover was easier for us to get to so I sent them an e-mail, using the address provided on their website, asking if they could help.  When I didn't receive an answer I called them only to get their answering machine.  On their recorded message they promised to return our call "quickly".  They never have returned the call.  The day after the Korg was repaired I did receive an e-mail from them asking me to send my e-mail to another member of their staff.  Why didn't they just forward it for me and why did it take four days to answer my e-mail? Great customer service once again.  So then I called Sound Advantage in Annville.  Not only did they answer the phone immediately but they were very courteous and said that they would try to help us out and maybe even have it done in time for us to make the CD for Sunday.  They suggested that we not play it again before they worked on it because if the sounds were still there they might be able to preserve them while replacing the battery.  Otherwise it could be a problem finding the sounds to be reinstalled.  We rushed it to them and left it with the confidence that they would do whatever they could to help us out.  When we got home we had a phone message from them telling us that the sounds were apparently already gone but that they might be able to get them from another source. They wanted to be sure that we understood the possible problem before they worked on it. We told them to go ahead and try. The following day they called to tell us that it was all done and like new.  They were able to replace the battery and to restore all the sounds for us.  And their charge was extremely reasonable and less than we had expected.  We told the technician that he was an answer to prayer, and he was.  They were so kind and understanding and went out of their way to help us.  Need any electronic instrument help?  We highly recommend Sound Advantage in Annville and their technician, Randy.  It is refreshing to find someone who still actually provides good prompt customer service today.

No comments: