Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

No Longer A Kid!


Here are some signs that make you realize that you are no longer a kid.

~ Just one peanut butter and jelly sandwich doesn't do it any more.
~ Driving a car doesn't always sound like fun.
~ Being bad is no longer cool.
~ You have friends who have kids.
~ Saturday mornings are for sleeping.
~ You are taller than the slide at the McDonald's playland.
~ Your parents' jokes are now funny.
~ You would rather wear your dirty clothes again, 'cause mom is not there to do your laundry anymore.
~ Naps are good.
~ When you only have two weeks of vacation.
~ When you can't stay at home to play when it snows.
~ Hitting girls is no longer considered flirting.
~ When things go wrong, you can't just yell, "Do-over!"
~ The only thing in your cereal box is ... cereal.
~ You actually buy scarves, gloves, and sunscreen.
~ Your idea of fun parties now include chips 'n' salsa and Snapple.
~ You leave concerts and ballgames early to beat the crowd.
~ You WANT clothes for Christmas.
~ You don't want a Camaro because of the insurance premiums.
~ You look in the surveillance camera monitor at the convenience store, wonder who that guy is standing at the counter with the bald spot, and then realize it is a shot of you from behind.

No comments: