Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Saturday, April 15, 2017

One Solitary Life




He was born in an obscure village, 

The child of a peasant woman. 

He grew up in another obscure village 
Where He worked in a carpenter shop, 
Until He was thirty when public opinion turned against Him.

He never wrote a book. 
He never held an office.
He never went to college. 
He never visited a big city. 
He never travelled more than two hundred miles 
From the place where He was born. 
He did none of the things 
Usually associated with greatness. 
He had no credentials but himself.

He was only thirty three.

His friends ran away. 
One of them denied him. 
He was turned over to his enemies 
And went through the mockery of a trial. 
He was nailed to a cross between two thieves. 
While dying, His executioners gambled for His clothing, 
The only property He had on earth. 

When He was dead 
He was laid in a borrowed grave 
Through the pity of a friend. 

Nineteen centuries have come and gone 
And today Jesus is the central figure of the human race 
And the leader of mankind's progress. 
All the armies that have ever marched, 
All the navies that have ever sailed, 
All the parliaments that have ever sat, 
All the kings that ever reigned put together, 
Have not affected the life of mankind on earth 
As powerfully as that one solitary life. 

Dr James Allan Francis © 1926.

May you and your family have a glorious Easter season as you contemplate the price that was paid for us on the first Good Friday, the joy and victory that was provided for us on that first Easter Day, and the glorious hope that we have for the future because of what Jesus Christ has done for us.  
He is risen!


No comments: