Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Saturday, December 12, 2020

All That I Need

          The pandemic has been hard on many of us ... isolation and loneliness, fear of catching the virus, adjustments in the ways we've always lived, wearing masks, social distancing, new ways of worship, changes in family celebrations, cancelation of sports, changes in education, etc.,  Who ever thought we would experience such times?
          But what has amazed me is the way that the Lord has used scripture to encourage me during these days.  Often the scriptures have been those that I've known and even memorized.  But the Lord has made them fresh and with applications that I've needed now.
          One of these is Psalm 23 which may be the best known scripture.  Recently I received an interesting explanation of Psalm 23 and I've decided to share it with you.  It is a great reminder of all that we have, even during a pandemic, thanks to our great Shepherd.  I hope that it is an encouragement to you.

THE 23RD PSALM  ...  (EXPLAINED)

The Lord is my Shepherd  ...  (that's relationship)

I shall not want  ...  (that's supply) 

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures  ...  (that's rest) 

He leadeth me beside the still waters  ... ( that's refreshment) 

He restoreth my soul  ...  (that's healing) 

He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness  ...  (that's guidance) 

For His name sake  ...  (that's purpose) 

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death  ...  (that's testing) 

I will fear no evil  ...  (that's protection) 

For Thou art with me  ...  (that's faithfulness) 

Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me  ...  (that's discipline) 

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies  ...  (that's hope) 

Thou anointest my head with oil  ...  (that's consecration) 

My cup runneth over  ...  (that's abundance) 

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life  ...  (that's blessing) 

And I will dwell in the house of the Lord  ...  (that's security) 

Forever  ...  (that's eternity) 


1   The Lord's my Shepherd, I'll not want;
he makes me down to lie
in pastures green; he leadeth me
the quiet waters by.

2   My soul he doth restore again,
and me to walk doth make
within the paths of righteousness,
e'en for his own name's sake.

3   Yea, though I walk through death's dark vale,
yet will I fear none ill,
for thou art with me; and thy rod
and staff me comfort still.

4   My table thou hast furnished
in presence of my foes;
my head thou dost with oil anoint,
and my cup overflows.

5   Goodness and mercy all my life
shall surely follow me;
and in God's house forevermore
my dwelling place shall be.


No comments: