Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Saturday, December 11, 2021

Five Steps

          The pandemic has resulted in many changes in our lives that we never expected to make.  Three years ago I would have laughed at you if you had suggested that we would turn to worshipping online each Sunday.  But we have.
          Both of us have physical problems that have made it dangerous for us to expose ourselves to possible covid infections.  We must admit that we are very disappointed that church attendees do not consider people like us as they maintain their personal "rights" to attend church without masks.  Personally I belive that this attitude is selfish and wrong for Christians to have that attitude.  And churches make no attempt to keep folks like us at home involved.  We become the forgotten congregation.  But that is a subject for another day.
           So with no safe place available for us to attend in person, the Lord has led us to the streaming services of Stonebriar Community Church in Texas.  Chuck Swindoll is pastor there and his preaching is sound and helpful
          We also enjoy their outstanding music – professional musicians, great choir and many ensembles.  Excellent!  And their services include both old and new hymns and we can sing along with them.  It has become a worshipful experience for us – all we miss is fellowship.
          Recent Swindoll has done a series on Integrity.  One of his sermons was on Habakkuk.  In his conclusions that week he made four points which he encouraged us to write in our Bibles.  Let me share them with you.
 
1.     GOD IS ABLE, I AM NOT
If we understand who God is, we should not keep trying to solve our problems ourselves.  We can't.
 
2.     GOD KNOWS WHAT IS BEST, I DO NOT
We may think that we know what is best, but He is omniscient and what we often think might be the correct solution may not be.  Trust Him.
 
3.     GOD SEES ALL, I CANNOT
He knows where we are headed and what is ahead.  Our decisions may be shortsighted.
 
4.     GOD SHOULD HAVE HIS WAY, I SHOULD NOT
Isn't this what we really want?  But instead we often worry and rush ahead with our solutions.
 
5.     GOD MUST BE GLORIFIED THROUGH THIS, I SHOULD NOT
May we never forget this step.  To God be the glory!
 
          I have written these steps in my Bible and am trying to remember them as the challenges of life roll on.  What a mighty and glorious God we serve.  God is so good!
          Maybe these five steps will be good reminders to you as well.  Have a good week!

No comments: