Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Saturday, January 15, 2022

Remember

          At times I like to share things that other writers have shared.  Recently I came upon an article written by a Pastor Barry Black.   It stirred my thinking and hopefully it might do the same for you.  Incidentally it was written in 2015 so it was written before all of our pandemic experiences.  But I think it is still appropriate.

Deuteronomy 11.12: "...the eyes of the Lord thy God are always upon it, from the beginning of the year even unto the end of the year."

I AM THE NEW YEAR - I will help you to say goodbye to the previous year filled with "yesterdays" and comprised of 
Disappointments and surprises 
Losses and gains
Failures and Successes
Defeats and victories 

A year which may be remembered by recalling... 
Fleeting moments
Delightful memories and good times
The sobering reality of missed opportunity 
The insight gained from daily living
The unexpected surprise of reconnecting with old friends.
The joy of sins forgiven
Golden words fitly spoken (Proverbs 25:11) 
And the fruit of obedience and pleasing the Lord 

Yes, the old year is a time in which we can recall with gratitude...
Blessings, protection, and rewards from the Providential hand of God 
Grace that was sufficient for our every need
Mercy received when justice would have just as easily been fitting for us. 
And realizing that even bad things that happened could have been worse ... much worse.
May your past productively transition to the future as you experience...

The warm daylight of lessons hard learned, 
and the fading sunset of the pain that was long endured while living through them.
The priceless value found in genuine friends, 
and the sober understanding of the shackles of superficial people who merely use us.  

The glorious journey of...
The unmatched wealth in reading and studying the Bible
The unparalleled stability of Christian fellowship 
And the unrivaled enjoyment of serving the Lord.

And as you experience the wise departure from... 
The comfortable enticement of procrastination
The deceptive decoy of excuses 
The childish pleasure of pettiness 
And the dull applause of mediocrity.

I AM THE NEW YEAR.  
I am...
The challenge of new goals
The desire for spiritual growth 
The continual burden for lost souls 
The anticipation of answered prayer 
And the eager expectation of Christ's soon return for His Bride, the Church.

I am the New Year, I may only be lived one moment at at time. 
I am replete with the unknown 
and rife with...
Opportunities to trust
Unexpected moments of blessing and delight 
Satisfaction for spiritual truth and hunger
Motivations to give of your time and effort to people and projects
And the joy and privilege of serving the Lord in new and exciting ways.  

YES, I AM THE NEW YEAR!

No comments: