Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Saturday, March 26, 2022

Splat!

          I had big plans for this week.  We only had one appointment scheduled so I planned to do some writing for this blog as well as my hymn blog.  But it wasn't to be.
          We have a second car, a 2009 Toyota, which we seldom use.  And during the pandemic it basically sat on our driveway and collected all sorts of dirt.  It hadn't been washed in over two years and really needed it.
          Our auto mechanic kept suggesting replacing all four tires.  They had adequate tread and looked fine but he felt that due to their age they weren't safe.  But I kept putting it off because we used the car so seldom and tires were expensive.
          Then we saw a good tire sale and decided it was time to buy.  But I was embarrassed to take the car in without it being cleaned.  I was afraid that the automatic car wash would not be good enough so I chose to do it by hand at the local car wash.
          After several times around the car I was almost satisfied.  Except for one spot it looked great.  So I decided to use the brush on that area.  I finished that, returned the brush to its holder and went for a final rinse.
          Suddenly I found myself on the concrete, flat on my face.  It happened so fast.  I don't know what happened.  Did I trip?  Did I slip?  There was blood everywhere and my glasses were broken.  I don't know how I got up, but I did.  My wife got out of the car and tried to help.
          Thank the Lord there was a MedExpress close by and we headed there.  They took me in right away and a nurse began to clean me up.  Finally a doctor came and two hours later I left with 12 stiches in my nose.  The next two days my eyes began to get black and blue and I looked like a raccoon.  I still need to have the stitches removed this weekend but I have no idea how long I will have the black eyes.  And it will take a few weeks to get new glasses.
         I thank the Lord that it wasn't worse.  No broken bones.  No broken teeth.  No concussion.  No damage to my eyes.
          But I have missed a week that I needed for writing.  However, the Lord is in control.

No comments: