Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Saturday, December 9, 2023

Just A Few More

Here we go once again.  You must enjoy church bloopers.  Thanks for sharing them with me.
 
~ This one I said myself during the congregational prayer when leading prayer for our unsaved loved ones: Father, we just want to pray for our unloved saved ones. 
 
~ Please welcome Pastor Don, a caring individual who loves hurting people. 
 
~ Come out this evening for a time of prayer and sinning. 
 
~ A woman's blouse was found at a table in the middle of the servant appreciation dinner. If you lost your blouse, please come to the church office. 
 
~ Overeaters Anonymous meeting will be held at 8 pm in the large room. 
 
~ The ladies in the style show will meet with their dresses down in front after morning worship. 
 
~ A worm welcome to all who have come today. 
 
~ Sermon Outline:
I. Delineate your fear
II. Disown your fear
III. Displace your rear 
 
~ Next Friday we will be serving hot gods for lunch. 
 
~ If you would like to make a donation, fill out a form, enclose a check and drip in the collection basket. 
 
~ Nov. 11: An evening of boweling at Lincoln Country Club. 
 
~ Women's Luncheon: Each member bring a sandwich. Polly Phillips will give the medication. 
 
~ Karen's beautiful solo: "It is Well with my Solo" 
 
~ Congratulations to Tim and Rhonda on the birth of their daughter October 12 thru 17. 
 
~ If you choose to heave during the Postlude, please do so quietly. 
 
~ We are grateful for the help of those who cleaned up the grounds around the church building and the rector. 
 
~ Hymn: "I Love Thee My Ford" 
 
~ Sign-up sheet for anyone wishing to be water baptized on the table in the foyer. 
 
~ Newsletters are not being sent to absentees because of their weight. 
 
~ Helpers are needed! Please sign up on the information sheep. 
 
~ The Advent Retreat will be held in the lover level of St. Mary's Cathedral. 
 
~ The District Duperintendent will be meeting with the church board. 
 
 

No comments: