Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Monday, March 25, 2024

Customers Various Services (CVS)

          When we first moved into Millersville our first next door neighbor owned the town's pharmacy.  Over the years Skip gave us great service, especially in promptly filling our scripts and providing advice.  We quickly became spoiled.

          Several years later he sold his practice to Todd, a former student of mine.  This outstanding service continued.  Todd had grown up in Millersville and knew most of his customers.  Again, we were spoiled.

          Then, a few years later, Wileys, a small area chain, bought Todd's business and opened a pharmacy.  We got to know Dave, the manager, and once again he spoiled us with outstanding service.  His employees went out of the way to care for their customers.

          But all good things come to an end and we were shocked to get the word that Wileys was closing, with little advance notice. No replacement pharmacy was coming.  For the first time in all the years that we lived in Millersville there would no longer be a local pharmacy.  Little did we realize how much of a problem this would be.

          Unfortunately, our only choice was one of the CVS pharmacies.  This meant more travel and often dealing with clerks who spoke limited English.  Personal attention was a thing of the past.

          A major problem was the lack of inventory and failure to inform us when they couldn't fill our order.  And there was no help for us when this happened.  Several times we had to search for other locations to get our orders filled when our CVS on Columbia Ave. at Good Drive couldn't meet our request. We never had to do that before.

          The latest situation happened a week ago.  My eye doctor ordered an eye drop following my eye surgeries and I needed a regular refill of my insulin. While I waited for over a week, I received five different messages that my insulin was being ordered – with no result.

          Finally, I received a message that my eye drops were now at their store in Shillingon, 40 miles away, at $80.  My insulin script was also supposedly filled there.  I was also told that they could not be sent to the Lancaster store.  Why and why Shillington?  On top of that, I didn't want the eye drops since I had already received the script the doctor ordered, in Lancaster, at just $14.

          As I write this, I am still trying to get my insulin, locally, without any help from the store on Columbia Ave. at Good Drive.

         Oh yes, I've just received another automated reply that my insulin has just been ordered – for the sixth time – and will be available in a week – the third date that has been promised.  What are the odds?

          I think the stress that CVS is causing me is actually making my sugar levels increase!


No comments: