Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Saturday, June 1, 2024

62

          Have you found that time often flies more quickly than you ever expect?  If not, you probably are too young without many exciting life experiences.
          Today I am recalling 62 years that have passed so fast that I don't know where they have gone.  62 years ago I was a student at Susquehanna University when I made the decision to join Dianne Bickle in matrimony.  It was the beginning of something very special.

     Over the years the Lord has blessed our lives together with three wonderful sons, three beautiful daughters-in-law, seven special grandchildren, one great grandson and a second on the way.  We are so thankful for all of them.

         We have had great ministries, a family ministry plus an Awana ministry each for over 30 years, music ministries, writing ministries and teaching ministries. We have been blest.  We have enjoyed over 30 trips to major cities where  we attended and Barry often spoke at major national math conventions.

          We also spent a week in Washington D.C. where we met President Reagan who honored Barry with  the Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching Mathematics.  What a wonderful experience!

          But we have also walked with the Lord through some difficult days.  We almost lost our first child when he was four months old.  Dianne has suffered for years with ulcerative colitis (24 colonoscopies), she has a pacemaker and had a heart valve replaced.  I have had five heart by-passes, three back surgeries, gall bladder surgery and numerous kidney stones.

          Now that we are both in our mid 80's we are finding new physical challenges that have really slowed us down.  But while we need much more assistance and are somewhat homebound and handicapped, God has not failed us and our trust is still in Him. He has not left us or failed us.

          Time has flown and at 2 pm on this Sunday we will celebrate our 62nd wedding anniversary – 62 wonderful years!


No comments: