Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Friday, September 20, 2024

A Sad Fall Season

          Fall – my favorite season of the year.  Cooler temperatures, beautiful colors, mums, football and baseball play-offs.  Wonderful time of the year - but not this time.

          This year it has been ruined by a very nasty election.  We have candidates who don't deserve to win who are tearing each other apart with an abundance of nasty ads.  And the ads are everywhere.  You can't even watch a sporting event without political ads during every break.  It is disgusting!

          Now if anyone really wanted to fix it – which they don't, here is what I would suggest. Put a limit on each ad – how about 8 total anywhere for each ad before it must be retired, or junked.   Each time it is shown anywhere it goes against the limit.

          I am also bothered by the ads themselves.  I am amazed by the number of mothers and grandmothers who protest that their daughters will have their freedoms taken away when Harris wins. What they are saying is that they want their daughters to have the legal right to kill their grandchildren through abortion.  It is hard to hear people push for that opportunity.

          I am also sad to hear current politicians claim they are going to fix the economy when they are elected.  I would like to ask them why they didn't do that during the past four plus years when they were in office.  Why should we trust them now?

          Well, there is much more I could say, but it wouldn't do any good.

         Instead, I rest upon the knowledge that the Lord knows all about it and that is good enough for me.  But unless He does a major miracle in November, I am praying for the rapture.

No comments: