Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Saturday, October 12, 2024

A Beautiful Drive

          It was a beautiful day for a drive.  Fall was just beginning and we hadn't been able to take a longer ride for several months.  Dianne had knee replacement surgery and wasn't able to drive since July and I have had to stop driving because of various physical challenges.  It has been very hard to be confined to our home for many months.

          But I had a medical appointment and had to see a doctor in Hershey.  Now that is only about an hour from home but it was a great excuse to go for a ride.

          The leaves had not yet started to change but the fields of corn were harvested.  Pumpkins and mums were everywhere. The air was cool.  It was beautiful.  We have so much to be thankful for.  Unfortunately, the medical visit was expensive and a waste of time.

          But as we drove, I couldn't help but think of the poor people in Florida who were at the moment being devastated with winds, floods and tornados.  Many were losing everything.  Some were losing their lives.  My heart aches for them.

          And at the same time folks around the world were in dangerous places due to wars and terrorism.  What is happening in Ukraine and Israel is horrendous.  I am beginning to think that the only hope of avoiding World War III and seeing peace might be the rapture.  And I am ready for that.  At least that would also give us relief from the terrible election news and ads that fill our lives.  But I guess that is another topic for another day.

          I have become more thankful for what I have.  God has been so good to us.  Each day I need to pray for others who have these desperate needs and thank God for His goodness to me.  Thank you Lord.

No comments: