Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Saturday, March 2, 2024

An Angel?

          We were just coming home after doing our online grocery shopping.  Because we are now limited physically we've learned to do our shopping online, placing our order on the company website.  Then we go to the store and they load the order, for us, into our car.
          The big problem comes next – carrying the groceries from the car to our kitchen.  We've purchased a folding cart to help with this process. It usually takes us two trips.
          Recently we were struggling with this task.  I just got a heavy load to the front door.  Suddenly a stranger appeared and volunteered to complete our unloading for us.  We were surprised and gladly accepted his offer.  He brought the rest of our groceries in, closed the car door and closed the garage door for us.

          He then explained that he was a workman during construction on a house being renovated across the street.  He said he couldn't bear to watch us struggle with the groceries.  He knew he had to help, and he did.
          We haven't seen him since.  Could he have been an angel?
          Things that used to be so easy are now a burden.  We do have another neighbor "angel" who we know who daily brings our newspaper to our front door for us.  We could use some other angels to get our mail each day or to help clean up the many limbs that are now down in our yard, or to shovel our snow or even to just visit with us.  It is amazing how lonely you can get when you are handicapped and basically confined to your home. Visits, notes and phone calls are very limited but appreciated.

          Maybe the Lord can use you as one of his angels.  Many could use help.  I regret that I didn't do more to care for handicapped friends when I still could

          Beware – handicapped can happen to you sooner than you think. You may soon need help.


No comments: