Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Saturday, March 16, 2024

Why?

           So often in life we ask the question "Why?"  We are often confused by even simple things that we don't fully understand.  Here are some interesting illustrations of such questions..
 
Why do supermarkets make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get to the Pharmacy for their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front?
I miss the time when I was working at the zoo. My boss fired me just because I left the lion's gate open. I mean who would steal a lion?
I was in a cab today, and the cab driver said, "I love my job, I'm my own boss. Nobody tells me what to do." Then I said, "turn left".
Why do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and yet insist on getting a diet coke?
Why do banks leave vault doors open and then chain the pens on the counter tops?
Why do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in our driveways and put our useless junk in the garage?
Why does the sun lighten our hair, but, darken our skin?
Why can't women put on mascara with their mouth closed?
Why is 'abbreviated' such a long word 
  
Why is it that doctors and attorneys call what they do 'practice'?
Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavouring and dish washing liquid made with real lemons?
Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?
Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called the rush hour?
Why do they sterilize the needle for lethal injections? 
  
You know that indestructible black box that is used on airplanes?  Why don't they make the whole plane out of that stuff??
Why don't sheep shrink when it rains, whereas sweaters made of sheeps wool, do?
Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?
 
Why did I write such a stupid blog?

No comments: