Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Saturday, March 30, 2024

Rejoice, We Will Be Changed!


          When our body begins to wear out, it is comforting to know that sometime it will be replaced with a new one.  That was the reminder I received in an Easter day devotional in "Walking With Jesus" a devotional publication by David Jeremiah.  Since there are many of my readers who, like me, can probably also use this reminder, I have decided to share this with you on this Easter morn.
          
          "Something remarkable happened to the crucified body of Jesus Christ early on Easter Sunday.  In a flash of glory, His body was totally transformed.  It wasn't simply resuscitated.  Some kind of electrical glory supercharged it, and when Jesus opened His eyes, He had an incorruptible body.  It was the same body but now it was glorified and eternalized.  No more pain.  No more aging.  No more decay or corruption.  It was equipped for life on both earth and in heaven.
          According to Philippians 3, God will transform our earthly bodies to be like the glorified body of Jesus.  The resurrection is more than resuscitation.  It's supernatural transformation of our bodies.  We will be raised incorruptible.  We'll be equipped to live on earth or in heaven.  Our bodies will be mature but not old, responsive but not sick, natural and yet supernatural.
          The resurrection of Jesus Christ provides the proof, the provision and the pattern of our own resurrection.  We will share the glory of Easter with Him!
          Rejoice! Our best days are ahead of us!

No comments: