Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Few Updates

This has been a very busy week and I've not had time to add to my blog. But I thought I should share a few updates for those who have been praying. We've spent considerable time this week making arrangements to put my dad's house in Lititz on the market. We still have cleaning and other prep work to do, but it should be on the market in a few days. We've also had to hire some folks to do some work on the house to increase its appeal in this tight market. It has a very great location and is well built, but it will take many cosmetic changes on the inside. It has been harder than I ever thought to prepare to sell. The house has so many memories. Sometimes we laugh, and many times we cry. But we pray that a nice family needs a great house and purchases it very quickly. Then there is update on my surgery. The surgeon took the cast off on Wednesday, gave me a small brace to wear, and said that I should take it easy for four more weeks. I started therapy on Friday. I am able to write again, PTL! I am also able to take a shower again without holding my hand up and away from the spray. That is great. Now, I guess I can also shave. But, I haven't yet made a decision. Have you voted in my poll (found to the right on this page)? Please do so and help me out. One reader wanted to first see what I would look like as an Amish man or a Hillbilly. Above you can see what I might look like as a hill billy. My Amish things were in the wash. LOL Then the other interesting thing this week has been all the storms and rain that we've had this week. In fact the other night there was a tornado warning with the radar showing that the storm, with classic rotations, was passing over Millersville and right over where we live. So we headed to the basement and "enjoyed" the togetherness for about 15 minutes in our small bathroom there. We've had tornados before within a mile of our house so we don't take these warnings lightly. PTL, the storm passed over us and we had no damage except for one small limb that came down. It was one of those experiences where you know that you have absolutely no control over what is happening and all you can do is take precautions and trust the Lord. Well, that is a quick update for today. I have many more things to share but will do that next week as I find a few "spare" moments ... hopefully.

No comments: