Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Monday, May 17, 2010

The Genie Returns

I just received this genie story and I thought that I should share it with you (Remember what happened to Benny in my last blog?). These genies certainly are busy. Here goes - There once was this guy that got a dirty old lamp for his birthday. He cleaned it up and POOF!--out popped a genie! "I shall give you three wishes. You may have anything you like." So the guys thinks for a minute and says, "I would like a billion dollars." "You shall have it," and the genie grants him the wish. "Anything else?" The guy thinks for a while. Then, "I would like a VW Bug with A/C, convertible, power locks, power windows, satellite radio, you know the works." "Your wish is my command. What is your last wish?" "Hmmm. I think I'll save it for a rainy day." "Okay, suit yourself," says the genie. So the guy gets in his new VW and goes for a drive to show all his friends. He turns on the radio. There's a very familiar commercial on. The guy starts singing to it: "I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Wiener." ... So be careful cleaning old lamps, or at least be careful what you wish for if a genie just happens to jump out!

No comments: