Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Friday, May 28, 2010

Vocab Challenge

Just before the holiday let's stretch our brains a little by doing a vocabulary drill. How many of the following words can you define? (1) Excommunicated, (2) Protestants, (3) Fanatic, (4) Cauterize (5) Donkey, (6) Icing, (7) Understudy, (8) Current, (9) Paradise, (10) Store Detective, (11) Cannibal, (12) Infantry. How are you doing? Let's make it a little easier. I'll list the acceptable definitions and all you need to do is match the word with the definition. That shouldn't be too hard. But make sure you pronounce each word very carefully and take your time. Here are the definitions. (a) A newly planted sapling; (b) Counter spy; (c) The fee charged by Rent-A-Mutt, (d) What I do when I shower, (e) Make eye contact with her, (f) Worker ants out to overthrow the Queen, (g) A guy who goes into a restaurant and orders the waiter, (h) What you shoot craps with, (i) Prepare inadequately for the exam, (j) Object that unlocks door to Godfather's home, (k) To cool off the extreme upper portion of the house, (l) Received a phone call from a former spouse. There you are, how did you do? Just in case you had trouble, here are the answers: 1 – l, 2 – f, 3 – k, 4 – e, 5 – j, 6 – d, 7 – I, 8 – c, 9 – h, 10 – b, 11 – g, 12 – a. My favorite? Icing. That's enough for a holiday weekend. Have a great time and be careful.

No comments: