Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Senior Trick Or Treating

In case you are still into trick or treating, I thought I should share some very important tips with you. I think most communities have an age limit but as we get older and more senile we might just forget and try to go out anyway. It's called a second childhood. Well if that is the case with you, here are a few tips that I have found that should let you know when you really are too old to do it.
10. People tell the kids with you that it is nice that their greatgrandfather is taking them around this year
9. You can't find your way home.
8. You get winded from knocking on the door.
7. You have to have another kid chew the candy for you.
6. You ask for high fiber candy only.
5. When someone drops a candy bar in your bag, you lose your balance and fall over.
4. People say "Great mask" and you're not wearing one.
3. When the door opens you yell, "Trick or ..." and you can't remember the rest.
2. You have to carefully choose a costume that won't dislodge your hairpiece.
1. You're the only Power Ranger in the neighborhood with a walker.

No comments: