Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Surgery Talk


A few blogs ago I mentioned that I was awake during my recent cataract surgery. Most of the time you are sound asleep during surgery and many procedures. And that is normally a good thing.  While I was a little apprehensive about being awake while they worked on my eye, actually it really wasn't that unpleasant. I could hear everything as the surgeon gave instructions to the nurse, so I had a good idea what was happening and where they were in the process. Plus I didn't have to spend much time in the recovery room.  But I imagine there are times that you might not want to hear what is being said, especially if you were to hear any of the following statements.

* Are you sure it was to be the right eye? 
* Better save that. We'll need it for the autopsy.
* Someone call the janitor. We're going to need a mop.
* Bo! Bo! Come back with that! Bad dog!
* Wait a minute, if this is his spleen, then what's that?
* Hand me that, uh, that uh, thingie.
* Oh no! I just lost my Rolex.
* Oops! Hey, has anyone ever survived 500ml of this stuff before?
* Everybody stand back! I lost my contact lens!
* What's this doing here?
* I wish I hadn't forgotten my glasses.
* Well folks, this will be an experiment for us all.
* Sterile, shcmerile. The floor's clean, right?
* Anyone see where I left that scalpel?
* Oh no! Page 47 of the manual is missing!

No comments: