Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Saturday, February 15, 2014

What Is A Kiss?


Yesterday was Valentine's Day and most people's thoughts were turned to love.  And, thinking about love, a number of college professors were asked to define a kiss. College professors?  Yes, after all, aren't college professors supposed to know everything?  Well, I don't really think so, and, if you happen to think that is the case, then you still have much to learn. I could tell you many, many stories - like the one about the prof at Elizabethtown College who lived in the same house with us and placed the hot ashes from the furnace in cardboard boxes.   Well, the fire company came and took care of the consequences of that "wise" move. He may have had considerable knowledge of Biology, but not of something called common sense.  Fortunately we were safe and no serious damage was done.  But enough of that for this blog. Here for your information, and hopefully your enjoyment, are their definitions of a kiss.  Enjoy!

Prof. of Computer Science: A kiss is a few bits of love compiled into a byte.
Prof. of Algebra: A kiss is two divided by nothing.
Prof. of Geometry: A kiss is the shortest distance between two straight lines.
Prof. of Physics: A kiss is the contraction of the mouth due to the expansion of the heart.
Prof. of Chemistry: A kiss is the reaction of the interaction between two hearts.
Prof. of Physiology: A kiss is the juxtaposition of two orbicularis oris muscles in the state of contraction.
Prof. of Dentistry: A kiss is infectious and antiseptic.
Prof. of Accountancy: A kiss is a credit because it is profitable when returned.
Prof. of Economics: A kiss is that thing for which the demand is higher than the supply.
Prof. of Philosophy: A kiss is the persecution for the child, ecstasy for the youth, and homage for the old.
Prof. of English: A kiss is a noun that is used as a conjunction; it is more common than proper; it is spoken in the plural and it is applicable to all.
Prof. of Engineering: Uh, What? I'm not familiar with that term.
Now aren't those great romantic responses?  They might even make good themes for Valentine's Day cards.  Check out Hallmark next February.

(Received from Andychap)

No comments: