Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Really?


We live in a society where it is difficult to trust anyone.  It is so easy to get out of a situation by telling a lie.  Usually it is done on purpose.  Sometimes it is done just out of habit.  Listed below are a few that come to my mind.  You are welcome to add some others that you experience by using the comment section for this blog. 
*  I promise to pay you back on my next paycheck.
*  You made it yourself? I never would have guessed.
*  This will only take a few minutes.
*  We'll only have an inch or two of snow.
*  The check is in the mail.
*  We'll get back to you.
*  I'm praying for you.
*  If I can help you, just let me know.
*  I understand just how you feel.
*  This won't hurt very much.
*  Your hair looks just fine.
*  You look as though you are losing weight.
*  Go ahead and tell me; I won't tell another soul.
*  The doctor will call you right back.
*  Your baby is just beautiful.
*  I gave at the office.
*  I doubt that I can do it, but I will pray about it.
*  Sorry, he's not here right now.
*  Put the map away. I know where we are.
*  Having a great time. Wish you were here.
*  I wish I could help, but my schedule is full that day.
*  It will be a mild winter with above average temperatures.
*  I'm glad I read this blog.

No comments: