Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Great Response


          I admit that I am not  very tolerant when it comes to rude and careless cell phone use by others.  It bothers me when I see drivers talking on their cell phones, especially when they are turning at corners or tailgating me.  It is worse when they are holding a cigarette or coffee in their other hand.  I am surprised that there aren't even more accidents than there are.

          But I also get upset with folks who are talking on their phones when you are forced to listen to their full conversations.  This has happened quite often to me in waiting rooms of doctor offices.  To me it is both annoying and rude when people do this.  Often they are even ignoring posted signs which say no cell phone use permitted.  I guess they either can't read or think that the warnings don't apply to them.
          When this happens I am always attempted to do something in response to their rudeness.  But, so far it has never gotten beyond the thinking stage.  Recently I read about someone who did make a clever response to a rude user.  I hope you'll enjoy this as much as I have.
          After a very busy day, a commuter settled down in her seat and closed her eyes as the train departed Montreal for Hudson.
           As the train rolled out of the station, the guy sitting next to her pulled out his cell phone and started talking in a loud voice: "Hi sweetheart it's Eric, I'm on the train - yes, I know it's the six thirty and not the four thirty but I had a long meeting. No, honey, not with that floozy from the accounts office - with the boss. No sweetheart, you're the only one in my life. Yes, I'm sure, cross my heart!" etc., etc.
         Fifteen minutes later at St. Anne de Bellevue, he was still talking loudly, when the young woman sitting next to him, who was obviously angered by his continuous diatribe, yelled at the top of her voice: "Hey, Eric, turn off that stupid phone and come back to bed!"
         My guess is that Eric no longer uses his cell phone in public.

No comments: