Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Saturday, April 4, 2020

Help For Anxiety


        It is so easy to feel anxious, worried, overwhelmed, or just out of control in our lives. Today so many things around us cause us to stress or fear, and everywhere we turn, it seems like more bad news pops up.  Is there any good news?
          So how do we live in this world with these fears?  How do we open ourselves up to love our neighbors, our world, and our God without becoming burdened by all the hurt and the brokenness around us? How do we continue to seek Christ when everything seems to be crashing down or falling apart?
          During these times of stress or anxiety the Word of God is the one true place where we can find peace. Nothing in this world can bring us the comfort that Christ can. He can feel distant at times, especially when you're feeling the anxiety begin to overwhelm you.  But reading the truth of the Bible reminds us that he is always near to the brokenhearted and close to those in need. He has always been faithful and he will still be faithful, even now, and he will be faithful in the future, no matter what might arise or come our way.
          Here are 10 verses from throughout both the Old and the New Testaments that can be comforting in your own anxious moments. I pray that they are a balm to your soul as you read them. Meditate on these verses individually, pray through their words several times, and sit with them long enough to truly let the words seep into your soul. Don't rush through these words, but savor their truth and worship Christ as you read his words of love and comfort.
          1.   And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. - Philippians 4:7
          2.   When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. - Psalms 56:3
          3.   So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. - Isaiah 41:10
          4.   For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. - 2 Timothy 1:7
          5.   Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. - Joshua 1:9
         6.   The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. - Psalms 34:18
          7.   An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up. - Proverbs 12:25
          8.   Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. - Colossians 3:15
         9.   The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace. - Psalms 29:11         
         10.   LORD, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us. - Isaiah 26:12

1.     Days are filled with sorrow and care
Hearts are lonely and drear
Burdens are Lifted at Calvary
Jesus is very near
Chorus:
Burdens are lifted at Calvary
Calvary, Calvary 
Burdens are lifted at Calvary 
Jesus is very near

2.     Cast your care on Jesus today
Leave your worry and fear 
Burdens Are Lifted At Calvary
Jesus is very near
Chorus:
Burdens are lifted at Calvary
Calvary, Calvary 
Burdens are lifted at Calvary 
Jesus is very near

3.     Troubled soul, the Savior can see 
Every heartache and tear 
Burdens Are Lifted At Calvary
Jesus is very near 
Chorus:
Burdens are lifted at Calvary
Calvary, Calvary 
Burdens are lifted at Calvary 
Jesus is very near

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen! Thanks for sharing with us those pieces of encouragement out of the Word of God.
A biblical story for you to meditate upon : II Chronicles 20: 1- 29
Wishing you God's blessings upon your life. Happy Birthday Mr. K.
Reader from Brazil.