Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Saturday, June 5, 2021

Joy

          Usually my two weekly blogs are not related to each other, but this week I came upon something that I felt I needed to share in both.  Most of what you read here will also be in my Hymn Blog this Sunday.  But I know not all of you read both blogs each week so I have decided that this is too good to miss.
          Like a few of you, we have become big fans of the Collingsworth Family and each Sunday we have been watching their streaming videos as part of our Sunday in-home worship.  We are blessed by their music and their harmony and their presentations.
          However, we are most impressed by the piano arrangements of Kim Collingsworth.  She is exceptional and amazing,
          In the video which we saw last Sunday she shared some of their reaction to the pandemic.  This included the thought that while things all around have been canceled, joy has not been.   And with this thought she wrote a song on this theme.  I felt that it was encouraging enough to share with all of you.

Joy is not canceled 
It still remains 
Gods' goodness, kindness 
His grace isn't running low 
And He has not changed" 
His power is still abundant 
His mercies are still new 
God's plans have not been canceled 
He's fully in control 
And everything that matter still remains. 

When life is put on hold  
All our plans have canceled  
Things have changed  
Nothing feels the same  
Disappointments fear and doubt  
Go hand in hand  
and waves of worry threaten me 
Everywhere uncertainty  
But in the midst of chaos  
In the midst of fear  
There is something to remember  
There is something we all need to hear  

Joy is not canceled  
Peace still remains  
God's goodness kindness  
His grace isn't running low  
And He has not changed  
His power is still abundant  
His mercies are still new 
God's plans have not been canceled  
He's still in control   
And everything that matters still remains 

So when the trials and tests they come 
Darkness only hides the sun  
And You can't seem to find Your way  
No light of day 
There are some things we know for sure  
They never change they will endure  
No matter what things look like  
All around us  
So in the midst of chaos  
In the midst of all the fear  
There is something you should remember  
Yes there is something we all need to hear  

Joy is not canceled  
He still remains  
God's goodness and kindness  
His grace isn't running low  
And He, He has not changed  
His power is still abundant  
His promises they're all still true  
God's plans have not been canceled  
He's fully in control   
And everything that matters still remains  
Yes everything that matters still remains 

Psalms 30 : 5, "For his anger is but for a moment; His favor is for a lifetime: Weeping may tarry for the night, But joy `cometh' in the morning.    Philippians 4 : 4  "Rejoice in the Lord always: again I will say, Rejoice."
          Now here is a clip where Kim reviews the circumstances behind this song and then sings the song which she wrote.      JOY

No comments: