Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Saturday, July 24, 2021

Interesting But Not Important

         It's time for some very unimportant, useless facts to fill your brains.  Maybe one day this information will help you win some big bucks on a quiz show.

          *  "Stewardesses" is the longest word typed with only the left hand and "lollipop" with your right.

          *   Maine is the only state whose name is just one syllable.

          *   No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple.

          *   "Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt."

          *   Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.

          *   The sentence: "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter of the alphabet.

          *   The words 'racecar,' 'kayak' and 'level' are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left (palindromes).

          *   There are only four words in the English language which end in "dous": tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.

          *   There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in order: "abstemious" and "facetious."

          *   TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.

          *   All 50 states are listed across the top of the Lincoln Memorial on the back of the $5 bill.

          *   A dime has 118 ridges around the edge.

          *   A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.

          *   A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.

          *   A "jiffy" is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.

          *   A snail can sleep for three years

          *   Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer.

      I hope that all this useless information has made your day.  Do you have more of these facts to share?  If you do, please add them as comments.

No comments: