Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Saturday, November 27, 2021

Thanksgiving

          I trust that you have had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  We do have so much to be thankful for.  God has been so good to us.
         So because of Thanksgiving I want to do two things here this week.  The first is to share some laughs.  So here goes.
 
THANKSGIVING ONE-LINERS
 
What do Thanksgiving and Halloween have in common?
One has gobblers, the other goblins.
 
What did the turkey say to the computer?
Google, google, google!
 
What kind of face does a pilgrim make when he's in pain?
Pil-grimace.
 
What's the best way to stuff a turkey?
Serve him lots of pizza and ice cream.
 
What sound does a limping turkey make?
Wobble, wobble!
 
What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
Pumpkin pi.
 
What's the most musical part of a turkey?
The drumstick.
 
When is the turkey soup bad for your health?
When you are the turkey.
 
Why can't you take a turkey to church?
They use fowl language
 
What do you call a running turkey?
Fast food.
 
Pilgrims were still alive, what would they be known for?
Their age.
 
          Enough of that.  Secondly on a more serious manner I would like to share the words of a prayer chorus that we often used when working with children.  It shares some of the important things that we should thank the Lord for.
 
For mother's love and Father's care,
For food to eat and clothes to wear,
For home and friends and answered prayer,
I thank Thee, Lord.
 
But most of all my thanks shall be
That on the Cross of Calvary,
The Savior gave His life for me,
I thank Thee Lord.
 
          I also thank you for taking time to stop by and read this blog.  There is never anything profound here but about 25 of you keep dropping by and humoring me.  I've often thought about quitting this blog and at some point I probably will.  But right now it gives me a way to communicate with others during a time of isolation and pandemic.  It forces me to think and attempt to do something constructive.
          But I am also thankful for my hymn blog which gets almost 1,000 hits each week.  I'm especially thankful for the many comments I receive from all over the world.  They are an encouragement to me.  Here is one I just received this week.
          "I minister with a few folks in total theatre for expressing and sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We just sang "In this Very Room" at an ordination accompanied by an interpretation that this VERY Room is not only the space we are in but the very redeemed body which has become the Temple of The Holy Spirit. The Love, Joy, Hope and Power are there because God is with us at all times.  It is a great song. Your story is beautiful and, as God anoints all great works that exalt Him, this song expands for God's purposes in the lives and hearts of so many through the generations. Thank you for the gift and may the Lord bless and keep you, recompense you according as you and your wife have labored and given to so many."
          Let me close this Thanksgiving blog by sharing a comment that I just received from David, a reader in South Africa.
          "Hello my name is David from South Africa and a born again Christian and love the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To me He is my everything my Alpha and Omega.  When I wake up in the morning I glorify Jesus and at night when I go to sleep I glorify Jesus. When I first heard this song Oh When I Come to the End of My Journey by Evangelist Jimmy Swaggart, the presence of the Holy Spirit came all over me and I began to weep and there was a joy unspeakable and full of glory that permeated my room. Thank you my Brother in Christ and bless you for this amazing song by Sister Lucie Campbell.  May the Lord Jesus shower His Grace and Mercy to you and your beautiful family. And continue His Work.  Kind regards, David"
 

No comments: