Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Saturday, November 26, 2022

Sovereign God

            Another Thanksgiving Day has passed here in the United States.  I hope that you had a great day, possibly sharing with family and friends.
            I also hope that you took time to thank the Lord for His many blessings upon you.  During the year we faced many challenges as a country and as families.  2022 will be a year most of us will never forget, but God was there and He provided what we needed.  We serve a great God.  All praise to Him!
            For those of us over 60 I am thankful that advertising for Medicare will soon stop for a few months.  Each day our mailbox is filled with sales pitches and our tv is filled with advertisements pitching Medicare plans.  I am tired of all of these and am thankful that they will soon stop – at least for another year.
           But I am even more thankful that the election ads are finally over – at least for another year.  To me the ads were obnoxious and full of half-truths and lies.  They were nasty and cruel.  And to many of us the results were the same.
           But, let's thank God that He's still in control!
            In a November 11 devotional produced by David Jeremiah there is a prayer entitled "Our Sovereign God". that I think is worth sharing with you.
          "Dear Lord, the times are in Your hands and so are we. You warned that perilous times would come in the Last Days, but You also told us the Last Days would prepare for the return of Christ.  We're apt to be troubled by politics, upset by elections, and wary of rulers.  But You, O Lord, direct the affairs of history; and if the prophet Daniel could praise You in Babylon, we can praise You in our modern world.  Thank You for being on Your throne.  The rulers of this world with their power and pride are no match for Your sovereign rule!"
            Amen and amen!

             And  here are a few extra thoughts on the subject of thanksgiving.
BE THANKFUL...

Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire.
  If you did, what would there be to look forward to?

Be thankful when you don't know something,
  for it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times. 
  During those times you grow.

Be thankful for your limitations,
  because they give you opportunities for improvement.

Be thankful for each new challenge,
  because it will build your strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes. 
  They will teach you valuable lessons.

Be thankful when you're tired and weary,
  because it means you've made a difference.

It's easy to be thankful for the good things. A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are also thankful for the setbacks.

Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive. Find a way to be thankful for your troubles, and they can become your blessings.

He who is grateful is never truly poor, and he who isn't is never truly rich.
        

No comments: