Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Saturday, April 8, 2023

HE LIVES!

          One of the special things of the Easter season are the many beautiful and meaningful hymns of this season.  Unfortunately, there are some of us who for a variety of reasons will not be able to attend in person these services.  And some churches will not even sing the old hymns of the death and resurrection of Christ which mean so much to me.  So, since I will not be able to attend such services myself, I have decided to have my own Easter sing-along here in my blog.
           You are invited to join me in singing these favorites.
1   Beneath the cross of Jesus 
I fain would take my stand,
the shadow of a mighty Rock
within a weary land;
a home within the wilderness,
a rest upon the way,
from the burning of the noontide heat
and the burden of the day.
  2   Upon the cross of Jesus
   mine eye at times can see
  the very dying form of One
  who suffered there for me:
  and from my stricken heart with tears
  two wonders I confess,
  the wonders of redeeming love
   and my unworthiness.
 
3   I take, O cross, thy shadow
for my abiding place
 I ask no other sunshine than
 the sunshine of his face;
 content to let the world go by,
 to know no gain nor loss;
 my sinful self my only shame,
 my glory all the cross.
*************************************
1   King of my life I crown Thee now-
Thine shall the glory be;
Lest I forget Thy thorn-crowned brow,
Lead me to Calvary.
Refrain:
Lest I forget Gethsemane,
Lest I forget Thine agony,
Lest I forget Thy love for me,
Lead me to Calvary.
2    Show me the tomb where Thou wast laid,
Tenderly mourned and wept;
Angels in robes of light arrayed
Guarded Thee whilst Thou slept. [Refrain]
3    Let me like Mary, thru the gloom, 
Come with a gift to Thee;
Show to me now the empty tomb-
Lead me to Calvary. [Refrain]
  
4    May I be willing, Lord, to bear
Daily my cross for Thee;
Even Thy cup of grief to share-
Thou hast borne all for me. [Refrain]

***********************************
Verse 1
 When I survey the wondrous cross
  On which the Prince of Glory died,
  My richest gain I count but loss,
  And pour contempt on all my prid
Verse 2
Forbid it, Lord, that I should boast,
Save in the death of Christ my God!
All the vain things that charm me most,
I sacrifice them to His blood.
Verse 3
See from His head, His hands, His feet,
Sorrow and love flow mingled down!
Did e'er such love and sorrow meet,
Or thorns compose so rich a crown?
Verse 4
Were the whole realm of nature mine,
That were a present far too small;
Love so amazing, so divine,
Demands my soul, my life, my all.

********************************************
1    Low in the grave he lay, Jesus my Savior, 
waiting the coming day, Jesus my Lord! 
Refrain:
Up from the grave he arose; 
with a mighty triumph o'er his foes; 
he arose a victor from the dark domain, 
and he lives forever, with his saints to reign. 
He arose! He arose! Hallelujah! Christ arose!
2 Vainly they watch his bed, Jesus my Savior, 
vainly they seal the dead, Jesus my Lord! [Refrain]
3 Death cannot keep its prey, Jesus my Savior; 
he tore the bars away, Jesus my Lord! [Refrain]

*********************************
1    Christ the Lord is risen today, Alleluia! 
Earth and heaven in chorus say, Alleluia! 
Raise your joys and triumphs high, Alleluia! 
Sing, ye heavens, and earth reply, Alleluia! 
2    Love's redeeming work is done, Alleluia! 
Fought the fight, the battle won, Alleluia! 
Death in vain forbids him rise, Alleluia! 
Christ has opened paradise, Alleluia! 
3    Lives again our glorious King, Alleluia! 
Where, O death, is now thy sting? Alleluia! 
Once he died our souls to save, Alleluia! 
Where's thy victory, boasting grave? Alleluia! 
4    Soar we now where Christ has led, Alleluia! 
Following our exalted Head, Alleluia! 
Made like him, like him we rise, Alleluia! 
Ours the cross, the grave, the skies, Alleluia! 

*********************************
I serve a risen Saviour, He's in the world today;
I know that He is living, whatever foes may say;
I see His hand of mercy, I hear His voice of cheer,
And just the time I need Him, He's always near.

In all the world around me I see His loving care,
And tho' my heart grows weary I never will despair;
I know that He is leading thro' all the stormy blast,
The day of His appearing will come at last.

Rejoice, rejoice, O Christian, lift up your voice and sing
Eternal hallelujahs to Jesus Christ the King!
The Hope of all who seek Him, the Help of all who find,
None other is so loving, so good and kind. 

He lives, he lives Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and talks with me along life's narrow way.
He lives, He lives, salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives? He lives within my heart!
**********************************************
Verse 1 
God sent His Son they called Him Jesus
He came to love heal and forgive
He bled and died to buy my pardon
An empty grave is there to prove
My Savior lives
Chorus
Because He lives I can face tomorrow
Because He lives all fear is gone
Because I know He holds the future
And life is worth the living
Just because He lives
Verse 2 
How sweet to hold our newborn baby
And feel the pride and joy he gives
But greater still the calm assurance
This child can face uncertain days
Because Christ lives
Verse 3 
And then one day I'll cross that river
I'll fight life's final war with pain
And then as death gives way to vict'ry
I'll see the lights of glory
And I'll know He reigns
 
 
 
 

No comments: