Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Saturday, June 10, 2023

JUNE MEMORIES

          The month of June has some dates that contain special memories for me.  These dates are important because they involve family members who have been instrumental in my life.
          JUNE 4 – The birthday of my brother, Terry.  If the Lord wouldn't have called him home early, he would have been 78 this year.  Terry was a caring person who loved the Lord and was used by Him in so many ways.
          Terry was an encourager and he often helped and encouraged me, especially in ministry challenges.  I really miss him.
          JUNE 21 – my father's birthday.  I was blest to have a godly father who showed me what it meant to put the Lord first in everything.  I saw him sacrifice for the work of the Lord in ways that others never knew.  He was responsible for the founding of our church in Lancaster and he provided the leadership for our church for decades.
          Dad would be 106 earth years if he were still here.  But the Lord quietly called him home one morning.  I still miss him and often wish I could just call him for his wise advice.
          JUNE 2 – Our wedding day, 61 years ago.  The Lord gave me a wonderful wife who loves the Lord.  He has enabled us to minister together in a wide variety of ways for all of our years together.  He has also blest us with a special family.  We have so much to be thankful for.
          As I was thinking about all my June memories, I recalled one of my favorite hymns which is my testimony.  I am thankful for the blessed assurance that God gave to my dad, my brother, my wife and I, and our family members.  This is my story, this is my song … praising my Savior all the day long.
 
(1)    Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
O what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long.
 
(2)    Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels descending bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long.
 
(3)    Perfect submission, all is at rest
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long.
 
Listen to it here.  ASSURANCE 
 
 

No comments: