Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Saturday, August 19, 2023

Memorial Service

          One of the lessons which I learned during the pandemic is that life is short – often much shorter than we ever expected.  I lost many good friends during that time, several of whom seemed to be in the prime of their lives.

          We don't like to think about death and we often avoid planning for it.  But it is important to do some planning, especially for the sake of those whose lives are dependent upon ours.  This can include wills, insurance, and preparation of important records. It might include burial locations or cremation and plans for memorial services.

          Now, personally, I wouldn't care if my family would skip a public service for me.  Nobody would really care but them, and that's who services are really for.  I won't know what is done or what isn't done.

          However, I have given some thought to what I would like if there was a service.  I would like it to be God honoring and a testimony to what I've chosen to do with my life.  That would include the music.  Until recently my choice was "Jesus Led Me All The Way".  This song shares my testimony and what I hope others have seen in my life.

          But now I have a new choice, "My Redeemer Is Faithful And True", written by Steven Curtis Chapman. The Chapmans found this to be true even during the death of their 5-year-old Maria, their youngest adopted daughter, who had been accidentally struck in the family's driveway by one of her brothers returning home in his truck. But throughout their lives they found God's faithfulness endures. He will never change his mind or fail His children. His promises are secure. He is always there, in the good times and the bad times.

          And I have found this to be true, so his song is also my testimony.  Thank you Lord!

As I look back on the road I've traveled,

I see so many times He carried me through;

And if there's one thing that I've learned in my life,

My Redeemer is faithful and true.

My Redeemer is faithful and true.

[Chorus:]

My Redeemer is faithful and true.

Everything He has said He will do,

And every morning His mercies are new.

My Redeemer is faithful and true.

 

My heart rejoices when I read the promise

'There is a place I am preparing for you.'

I know someday I'll see my Lord face to face,

'Cause my Redeemer is faithful and true.

My Redeemer is faithful and true.

[Chorus:]

My Redeemer is faithful and true.

Everything He has said He will do,

And every morning His mercies are new.

My Redeemer is faithful and true.

 

And in every situation He has 

proved His love to me;

When I lack the understanding, 

He gives more grace to me.

[Chorus:]

My Redeemer is faithful and true.

Everything He has said He will do,

And every morning His mercies are new.

My Redeemer is faithful and true.

 

You can hear it here.    FAITHFUL


No comments: