Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Saturday, August 3, 2024

God Still Answers - In His time

          It has been a challenging week and God has been very busy.  He has once again taken care of many challenges for us.
          This was the week that Dianne was scheduled for knee replacement surgery.  Because of her heart problems she had many heart hoops to get through.  PTL, she was able to get through all of them and surgery went off as scheduled.
          However the operating rooms ran into computer problems and her surgery was delayed over two hours while they changed her operating room.  But the change was made and eventually the surgery went on and was successful.

          Then we were concerned about how I would make out at the hospital, getting around while using a wheelchair.  Then two of my sons stepped up and stayed with me both days.  They were a great help in so many ways.  I thank the Lord for them and His continued answers to our prayers.

          But there was another major obstacle.  It was obvious that I needed help to care for her and it seemed to be against current Medicare rules.  We seemed io be out of ideas.  They were getting ready to release her to my care at home.  Then suddenly they found a great location with an opening and Medicare's approval.  And within a few hours she was transported to the Lancaster Rehabilitation Center where she can be cared for up to 10 or 15 days if needed.  That was a genuine answer to prayer.

         Now she is having some nasty reactions to the drugs she is being given for pain.  That is probably expected but God knows all about it.  One by one He is answering our prayers.  I still have some transportation problems buy I know that in His time He will deal with those.  In fact while writing this, my need for the next two days has been resolved. God is so good – all the time!

          Thank you for your prayers – they still work.It has been a challenging week and God has been very busy.  He has once again taken care of many challenges for us.

          

No comments: