Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Saturday, August 10, 2024

More prayers to be answered

          And the story continues.  My wife had her surgery and all appeared to go well.  But she developed pain in her lower back which is worse than her pain from her new knee.

          Unfortunately, the medical group at the rehab didn't know what was causing the pain or how to treat it.  Their only recommendation was to go to a doctor who had worked on her back years previously.  But it would take several months to get an appointment with him and then we would need to travel about 40 miles to be seen.  That was not a realistic option when she was in so much pain.  Pain pills and a medical rub helped some.

          Then on Wednesday a committee reviewed her situation.  Their decision was because her physical therapy was going so well, they could only keep her until Monday.  The back pain would not qualify for a longer stay.  We were told this an hour after we had been told  by the doctor that they could extend her stay for the rest of the week.  Because of Medicare's rules they had to reverse what we were told.

          In addition, without asking us, they moved her meeting with her surgeon from Tuesday back to Monday.  We had already made plans for my transportation to the doctor visit. Those plans now had to be scrapped and we did not have an alternate plan.

          So, we bargained and argued with the doctor and staff.  And once again we joined several of our friends in praying for a reversal.  And yesterday it was finally granted.

          So, the current plan is to take Dianne to see her surgeon on Monday.  Then she will return to rehab and be "kicked out" on Wednesday.  Then we pray that I can take care of her at home and that somehow her pain goes away.

          Impossible?  Yes, for me, but not for God!


No comments: