Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Monday, February 2, 2009

A Thought For Today

Yesterday it was a penny for your thoughts and most of the things I shared were different and really not that important.   But here is a thought that is much more powerful.  After a restless night and facing the prospect of a potentially difficult week, I checked my e-mails early this morning.  And there was an e-mail for me from a person that I never met who doesn't even know me or my circumstances.  I think it might actually qualify as a "God-thing".   So in case you also need this reminder today, here is the message.  Isaiah 41:10, "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."  (NIV)  And with that precious reminder we go out to face the week. 

No comments: