Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A Challenging Forward

I really don't want to upset anybody, but please don't put me on a list to regularly receive e-mail forwards from you. If the forwards include attachments or downloads, I will delete them immediately. I don't want to catch any virus that could be part of such a forward. And most of the time I delete plain forwards, too, unless I have a good idea what it is. I find that the majority of these are full of big pictures that tie up my computer for several minutes while they load. My time is too valuable for that type of entertainment. Or they often include hoaxes that have circulated through e-space for years. Some are attacks on Obama and I already know more about him than I want to know. The Bible tells me to pray for him, even if I disagree with him. Others are cute poems or prayers that I am asked to pass on to others. But doing so with my email address makes me more available to spammers who love to get such lists of email addresses. So, my delete button gets plenty of action daily. Now having said that, once in awhile (maybe 5% of the time) there are some that are worthwhile. Recently I received one that many of us seniors can relate to. I've saved that one to share with other seniors as we end 2009. So here it is. Who would have thought... (1) that when you wished your kids didn't need you so much, you would someday wish that they did? (2) that when there wasn't enough time in the day, you might someday wonder how to fill your free time? (3) that when you couldn't wait to get your driver's license, you would someday try to decide when to give it up? (4) that you would finally have more than enough stuff? (5) that grandchildren grow even faster than children? (So very true!) (6) that when people told you to enjoy your (time, education, job, kids, friends, health, spouse, etc.), you would someday realize why? (7) that some people are grateful no matter what, and some are ungrateful no matter what? (8) that when you struggled to make ends meet, they finally would? (9) that each day can be a blessing and a chance to be a blessing to others? (10) that a smile, a touch and a listening ear are worth more than expensive presents? (12) that there's always something new to learn? (13) that you would never get tired of watching a sunset, a rainbow, or a baby's first steps? (14) that the best things in life ARE free? Maybe I could add two more of my own … (15) that life goes faster the older you get? (16) that 2009 would already be over? Have a great and safe New Year's Day and enjoy each new day that the Lord grants you.

No comments: