Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Trust The Radar

A few days ago we flew home from a vacation trip (details to appear here in a few days). The flights were great – on time and without problems. Most of the time we were high above the clouds where the sun was shining brightly. But on the last leg of the flight we didn't go as high and for most of the trip we were flying right through the thick, gray clouds. Looking out the window it appeared that we were speeding through a thick fog. That was all that we could see. I imagine it must be difficult for the pilots to fly and not be able to see where they are headed. But because of the radar, they flew confidently and we rode feeling at ease knowing that the radar would bring us home. And it did. But I sat there thinking how much this experience illustrated our lives here on earth. So often we can't see where we are headed, especially when the problems and worries mount and we tend to feel overwhelmed. But we know that Jesus is our "radar". He guides us through those situations when we can't see what is ahead. And knowing this, we should be able to rest in Him, with confidence, knowing that He knows our ways and that He will bring us safely home. This morning we talked to a friend whose job will probably be eliminated in the near future. He doesn't know for sure, but He is trusting in the Lord to guide him through this uncertainty. He made the comment that He knows that the Lord knows what is ahead. He just wishes that the Lord would tell Him. How often we all feel that way. I know He holds my future, but it would be easier if He would tell me what it is. But maybe it is good that we don't know what tomorrow holds. We might be fearful. It is better to face today, in His strength, realizing that He will provide the wisdom, strength and peace that we need to face tomorrow – when tomorrow comes. I'm not preaching, I'm just talking to myself – the world's best worrier. But if you are listening in, maybe the message is for you, too. One of my favorite verses, Psalm 139:2 (KJV), "Thou compasseth my path, and my lying down, and art acquainteth with, ALL my ways." So, let's just follow the "radar".

No comments: