Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Special Day

Quite often in life you face the question "Would You Do It Again?". In my life answering that question is usually very easy since I don't know that there is much that I would do differently if given another chance. God has been so good to me and I have found that His ways are always right, even when we don't know what may be ahead. There certainly is one thing that I would never consider doing differently and that is marrying Dianne. As I write this blog, it is 48 years, almost to the minute, that we both said "I do" in Sunbury before a church full of witnesses. Some couples have renewed their vows on their anniversaries, but we have no desire or need to do so. We made those vows before God and have not violated them – in the good times and in the tough times. And God has blessed us in so many ways. We have tried to put Him first in all that we have done – in our time, in our decisions, in our possessions, in our worship, in our finances, and in our raising of our family. And He has given us all that we have ever needed. We thank Him for that … But this blog represents another anniversary – it is the 200th blog that I have posted on my public site. (Many more have been on my Awana site). Now if asked if I would do it again, I'm not sure what I would say. And asked if I will continue to write, I'm not sure what I would answer. I love to write and it has become a hobby. But finding interesting topics is very hard and that is backed up by the decline in readership. Where I hoped it would increase, the counters show that it is declining. So I don't know if I will ever hit 300 or 250 or even 225. Time will tell. Now what is interesting is that the readership of my weekly hymn blog does continue to increase. I probably should run a survey on that blog to learn more about who is visiting there. But my readers seldom add comments or participate in surveys. But I'll still give it some thought. … And before I quit, my few regular readers of my public blog might note that I took the "scoreboard" off. I was keeping track of how many times I've notified the Republican Party that my father has passed away. I think I had returned 57 of their mailings, at their expense, asking to have him taken off their mailing list. I stopped adding to the scoreboard a week ago since I thought they finally listened. But guess what? As I am writing this, Dianne brought me the mail. She was laughing as she handed me a "second chance" for my dad to return his ballot. Some things never change!

No comments: