Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

AM or PM?

Is there really a difference between am and pm? I guess there must be. When we booked our tickets for our flights to Wisconsin I asked for early morning flights. And, unfortunately, I failed to read the "fine print". Going out was fine - we arrived here around noon. But this morning when I tried to print out our boarding passes for Monday morning, I was denied because I was too early to print them. Suddenly I realized that our flight was for 7:30 pm, not 7:30 am. Not that doesn't turn out to be too much of a problem except that we will have about seven hours to "waste" tomorrow after we must exit our hotel room. And while we have enjoyed Madison, we have seen about all there is to see here. Yesterday we visited the beautiful Olbrich Botanical Gardens and then, while getting lost in downtown Madison, we parked and visited the huge downtown county market and the capital building. The market was nice but ranks way behind Root's back home. And we really had no need for fresh vegetables or flowers. Fortunately, we were able to find our car again and get safely back to our hotel. Today we visited the zoo where the lions were not on display because they were breeding and most of the other animals were sleeping where they couldn't be seen. Why don't they train them to appear when visitors come to see them? Several of the exhibits were closed, but we did see some swans and goats. Wow! They also had a variety of animal statues that were painted in a variety of designs by area artists. At least the zoo was free. Then we tried to find Camp Randall, Wisconsin's home football stadium. After getting lost once again, we finally found it, but couldn't find a place to park or even take pictures - but we did see it. We also saw much of the Wisconsin campus which is a city campus, much different than Penn State. And after fighting more traffic, thousands of students, hundreds of folks on bikes, and numerous detours, we did find out way back to our hotel once again. Of course, we also made another stop at Culvers. I love that place - I wonder if we could sit there for six hours tomorrow. They also make the best ice cream. I cheated and had a medium vanilla shake yesterday. It is so thick that you can't use a straw. It is so good! The best vanilla I ever had. They have a special each day - today it was carmel fudge cookie dough. But I'll still take their vanilla. Well it's good my mistake was assuming it was am when it was pm. If I had made the opposite mistake, we would have missed our flight and it is a long walk home. However route 30 is only a few miles from us here and only a couple of miles from us back home. Ok, so my choices for tomorrow are six hours at Culvers (adding 10 lbs. and having blood sugar of 300) or waiting six hours in the Madison airport. Hmm, interesting decision.

No comments: