Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Monday, August 2, 2010

The Four Million Dollar Question

Now here is an interesting question for you to ponder. What could you do with four million dollars? Let's see ... Maybe you could send out 80 missionaries with full support for a year ... Maybe you could pay the annual heating oil costs for about 2,000 homes in the cold northeast ... Maybe you could pay off our church mortgage and build a sanctuary ... Maybe you could meet our church budget for the next 229 weeks or or 4.4 years ... Maybe you could support 16,700 Awana adopted clubs around the world ... Maybe you could provide care for 9,523 orphans for a year through World Vision ... Maybe you could even purchase 1,230,800 homeless people a Big Mac ... Maybe you could reduce property taxes or pay the yearly school tax for about 2000 home owners ... Maybe you could give 72,750 people a ticket to a Penn State football game ... Maybe you could pay a third of Brad Lidge's contract for next year to buy him out ... Maybe you could send 5,333 couples to Pinebrook for a week ... Maybe you could even build Pinebrook a new motel or two and name one "Generousbrook" and the other "Millionsbrook" ... Maybe you could fund numerous food banks or homeless shelters ... Maybe you could provide 1600 weatherproof homes for earthquake survivors in Haiti ... Maybe you could give Brownstown two million to fix the road that they can't afford to repair and still have two million for something else ... Maybe you could provide 200 needy students with a scholarship for a year of college ... Or maybe you could purchase 118,000 turkeys for the needy at Christmas or Easter ... Or, maybe you could just pay for your daughter's gala wedding ... that is, if your name is Clinton. I guess if you had more money than you knew what to do with, the choice would be yours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least they used their money in the USA!