Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My Favorite Season

This weekend we received a brief taste of my favorite season of the year - Fall. Now I do like all four seasons and am glad that I live in an area where I can experience all four. But, without a doubt, I love the season that will soon begin. The brief relief from the heat and the low humidity that we experienced this weekend made me realize that this beautiful season is on the way. There is no question that I do enjoy the cooler temperatures. There is something special about Fall evenings, especially when the smells of burning leaves and active fireplaces mix with the crisp, cool evening air. And I love the beauty of the changing leaves - if only they would stay on the trees a little longer. It is so beautiful when the mountains are painted in mixtures of reds, oranges, yellows, and browns. God is such a masterful artist. Then there are the fields of corn stalks and pumpkins which are so evident in Lancaster County. And I look forward to fresh, tasty apples. In fact I could eat one right now. But with this season comes football which is probably my favorite sport. I enjoy baseball, but it is so slow. Basketball is fun, too, but it is played indoors. Football is exciting, fast, and filled with excitement. And what can match a great football game on a crisp Saturday afternoon or a great night game with heavy coats, gloves, and blankets. Oh yes, it is a great time to look forward to in the months ahead. Unfortunately, those months pass so quickly and then comes the snow - opps, let's not ruin the thought with four letter words. Let's just enjoy the beautiful days ahead. Grab an apple, watch a football game, take a walk in the woods, and enjoy this time of beauty which comes once a year. Enjoy!

No comments: