Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thank You!

Today is a very special day - Veterans Day. This is a day when we should pause to remember those who have given their lives to win and protect our freedoms. it is sad, however, that few today take time to say "thank you" or to honor those who have served. For some itoday is just another vacation day while for many others it is just a day like all others. Last week at our November Pinebrook hymn sing we took time to honor our veterans. We sang patriotic songs. We gave World War II veterans a free meal and all other veterans a meal at half price. We gave them all a chance to share how they had served our country. And we had a special speaker, Robert Kauffman (no relation to me), share some of his difficult experiences as a teenage soldier in World War II. It is incredible to hear what he and thousands of others endured to stop Hitler. And even today, thousands of our young men and women continue to risk their lives in the battle against evil. And to them I say, thank you! May God be with you and protect you. A fitting tribute to all veterans was recently ound on YouTube and was shared at our hymn sing. Please take time to go to this link - TRIBUTE - and watch this touching video.

No comments: