Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Stimulating Trivia For You

It is better to give than to receive, so I am going to give you some of the great insights that I have recently learned. Here we go. (1) A full moon is nine times brighter than a half moon. (2) Hawaii is further south than Florida. (3) Six-year-olds laugh an average of 100 times a day. Adults only laugh 15 to 100 times a day. (Let's work on improving the adult average in 2012) (4) Male moose shed their antlers every winter and grow a new pair the next year. (5) A venus flytrap can eat a whole cheeseburger. (I wonder if that includes the new Wendy's cheeseburger). (6) George Washington took the oath of office in New York in 1789. (7) The archer fish can spit water up to seven feet to shoot down bugs from overhanging leaves. (8) All scorpions glow. (9) Children grow faster during springtime. (10) The scientific name for sneezing is sternutation. (I thought it was godblessyou.) (11) You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching television. (Time for more naps!) (12) Children have more taste buds than adults. (13) The fear of vegetables is called Lachanophobia. (And I always thought it was asparagusphobia.) (14) Your skull is made up of 29 different bones. (15) The youngest U.S. president to be in office was Theodore Roosevelt at age 42. (16) The fastest growing nail is on the middle finger. (17) During World War II the national speed limit was 45 mph. (18) Spiders have six legs. Well there you are, 18 bits of trivia for you to consider. Now here is the problem, two of them are not true. Can you identify the false ones? Leave a comment with your guesses. Now where did I come up with these "facts"? Simple, I like Snapple tea and 16 of these were on the bottle caps of the last ones that we opened. Interesting combination - a good taste and "stimulating" trivia. Have a good day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your nail growth and all scorpions glow are wrong.

Anonymous said...

According to Snapple, they are both correct. Sorry, try again.

Creeped out in Leola said...

Spiders have 8 legs and the human skull has 22 bones...is there a Halloween theme working here?

Anonymous said...

According to Snapple - and they could be wrong - you are half correct - spiders do have 8 legs.