Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Scandals

The media has been filled lately with news about scandals seemingly everywhere. The attached picture is at least a "scandal" that we can laugh about - hopefully. Maybe we need something to laugh about. I am getting tired of this now daily news - teachers, presidential candidates, coaches, public officials, police - on and on it goes. As I've said here before, it is revealing human nature and sin! The one getting the most publicity is the very sad situation involving Jerry Sandusky. It is being called by the media the Penn State Scandal. Why shouldn't it be the Jerry Sandusky Scandal, or the Second Mile Scandal or even the State College Scandal? As a Penn State and Joe Paterno fan for many years, I have been stunned at all the negative attacks that have been aimed at Joe and the football team. Most of it has been stirred up by the media which has been judge and jury, without all the facts. Actually, the facts have generally been ignored and replaced by their opinions. They have been quick to condemn a man, possibly because he has stood successfully for many years as a pillar of good values and honesty, far above the standards and values of the media experts who now jump to condemn him. They have jumped at the chance to pull him down to a level below their own. Hopefully, someday the truth - whatever it is - will be known, and maybe, probably too late, his reputation will be restored. Then again, maybe his reputation and the successful football program will never be restored to what it had been and what it should be. It is interesting, however, to see that a few folks are beginning to speak out and condemn the media One of the best reactions that I have read appeared in a blog by Marc Rubin. For those who are interested, here is a link to his thoughtful comments. PATERNO ROSE TO THE OCCASION

No comments: