Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Wonderfully Made

"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." Psalm 139:14. Recently so many of my blogs have focused on dear friends who have passed away. And while we rejoice that they are now with the Lord, I guess the flavor of these blogs has been a little heavy at times. And I guess that is understandable since we are walking through times that are challenging. And many of these challenges do relate to the multitude of physical needs of friends and those around us as well as those of our family and our own. But even as our bodies wear down we are reminded that God has known us from the womb and that He has wonderfully made us. He has a purpose for us whether our years number 40 or 90. And He hasn't made any mistakes. So with that in mind, I thought that today I should share a lighter thought with you on this blog. Here is a story which I just received this week in an e-mail. A little girl was sitting on her grandfather's lap as he read her a bedtime story. From time to time, she would take her eyes off the book and reach up to touch his wrinkled cheek. She was alternately stroking her own cheek, then his again. Finally she spoke up, "Grandpa, did God make you?" "Yes, sweetheart," he answered. "God made me a long time ago." "Oh," she paused. "Grandpa, did God make me too?" "Yes, indeed, honey," he said. "God made you just a little while ago." Feeling their respective faces again, she observed, "God's getting better at it, isn't he?" "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." Psalm 139:14.

No comments: