Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Monday, January 21, 2013

Facebook Users


I have talked here before about Facebook.  I now have 71 friends, or folks listed as being my friends.  But over the past year only 34 of these have ever placed a comment on facebook or have even said that they "liked" something that I posted.  And most of these 34 have only done this once or twice, at most, during the past year.  But despite this, I still enjoy checking Facebook each day.  I do hear from a few of my friends and I do enjoy hearing what is happening in their lives.  I don't spend hours there and I don't play games, but I do enjoy exchanging both serious and humorous comments.  It often lightens up my day.  Recently somebody sent me a listing of the 12 Types of People who are on Facebook.  So I thought I'd share these with you and if you are a Facebook user you will probably be able to find friends of yours in each type.  Here goes.  (1) The "Rooster" -- Always tells Facebook "Good Morning" every day.  (2) The "Lurker" -- Never posts or comments on your post, but reads everything, and might make reference to your status when seeing you in public. (3) The "Hyena" -- Doesn't ever really say anything, just LOLs and LMAOs at everything. (4) "Mr/Ms Popular" -- Has 4,367 friends for NO reason. (5) The "Gamer" -- Plays Words With Friends, Mafia Wars,Farmville, and Bejeweled Blitz, and bakes virtual cakes and stuff, etc. (ALL DAY).  (6) The "Cynic" -- Hates his life, and everything in it, as evidenced by the somber tone in ALL of his status updates. (7) The "Collector" -- Never posts anything either, but joins every group and becomes fans of the most random stuff.  (8) The "Promoter" -- Always sends event invitations to things that you ultimately delete or ignore.  (9) The "Liker" -- Never actually says anything, but always clicks the "like" button. (10) "Drama Queen/King" -- This person always posts stuff like "I can't believe this!" or "They gonna make me snap today!" in the hopes that you will ask what happened, or what's wrong ... but then never finishes telling the story. (11) The "News" -- Always updates you on what they are doing and who they are doing it with, no matter how arbitrary, and lastly... (12) The "Thief" -- Steals status updates ... and will probably steal this one ... just like I did!  What type of user are you?

No comments: