Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Friday, December 27, 2013

Holiday Eating Tips



     David Jeremiah's monthly publication "Turning Points" recently had an article on Healthy Eating Tips.  With all of the holiday parties I thought it might be good to share his advice with you so that you have a healthy holiday season.
1. About those carrot sticks ... Avoid them.  In fact, if you see carrots on the buffet table, leave immediately.
2. If something comes with gravy, use it.  That's the whole point of gravy.  Gravy does not stand alone.  Pour it on.
3. As for mashed potatoes, always ask if they are made with skim milk or whole milk,  If it's skim, pass.  Why bother?
4. Do not have a snack before going to a party in an effort to control your eating.  The whole point of going to a holiday party is to eat other people's food for free.
5. Under no circumstances should you exercise between now and New Year.  This is the time for long naps, which you'll need after circling the buffet table while carrying a ten-pound plate of food.
6. If you come across something really good at a buffet table, like frosted Christmas cookies in the shape and size of Santa, position yourself near them - and don't budge.  Have as many as you can before becoming the center of attention.
7. What about pies?  How do you choose between delicious apple, delectable pumpkin, or delightful pecan?  Why don't you have a slice of each?  It is the only time that it is acceptable to have more than one dessert.
8. Did someone mention fruitcake?  Granted, it's loaded with the mandatory celebratory calories, but avoid it at all costs.  I mean, have some standards!
9. And one final tip:  If you don't feel terrible when you leave the party or get up from the table, you haven't been paying attention.  Reread tips.  Start over ... because "cookieless" January is just around the corner.
Have a great holiday season!

No comments: