Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Saturday, November 5, 2016

A Political Platform


          This has been a very difficult and disgusting election season.  I am tired of all the negative accusations and advertisements.  Like many, I don't like our choices, although I will vote.  I am tired of lies, slanted editorials, letters to the editors, and statements on Facebook.  I am already sick and tired of all the phone calls which we will receive in the coming days.  It is all like a bad, irritating dream.
         And what is a Christian to think and do?  Recently I found a blog by a Rick Thomas.  I don't know much about him except that he is a pastor and counselor who has his own organization to encourage and equip people for effective living.  That is all that I know about him.
          However, he has published his own political platform with eight planks and I have found them very interesting.  His platform is based on Philippians 3:20, "But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ."
          And here are the eight planks of his political platform:

1.     Temporary - America is not my home, I'm a stranger passing 

           through this country.
2.     Love - I will love my temporary country and do my part to make it 
           better, which means I will vote.
3.     Faith - Due to my temporary citizenship I will not get bent out of 
           shape when things don't go my way.
4.     Responsible - I will seek to fulfill my human responsibility, though 
           my vote is not where my faith rests (Luke 22:42)
5.     Proclaim - Regardless of who is in office, I will continue to seek to 
           tell others about Jesus.
6.     Prayer - I will pray for the person the LORD allows in office 
           (Proverbs 21:1; Romans 9:17)
7.     Sovereignty - I trust my Sovereign LORD to take care of all things.
8.     Victory - We win!  (Read the last book of the Bible)

          Maybe his platform is a good reminder for believers as we approach the presidential election, hopefully with prayerful hearts.


          "This world is not my home, I'm just a passing through, my treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue. The angels beckon me from heaven's open door, and I can't feel at home in this world anymore."

No comments: