Welcome to my blog, or should I say to the ramblings of an old man. I doubt that my ramblings are of much value, but at least I have an opportunity to share them.  So, please be kind and humor me. If nothing else of value stands out in these thoughts, I hope that you at least sense the value I place on a daily walk with the Lord.  That walk is what has provided me with motivation and a sense of purpose throughout my lifetime.  My prayer is that you, too, are experiencing this direction and joy in daily living which is available to everyone who puts his trust in Christ.  So, thanks again for joining me.  Please don't go without leaving some comments here so I can get to know you better as our paths intersect today in this blog.

Saturday, October 10, 2020

Spectacular October Day!

          It was a beautiful October day.  The sun was shining.  The air was crisp but comfortable.  The leaves were just beginning to change colors.  And the Star Barn provided a spectacular setting which was to be the scene of many answered prayers.
          About 26 years ago we began to pray daily for a granddaughter who was not yet born. We asked the Lord not only to keep her safe but to allow her to grow up to be a godly young woman who had a passion for serving the Lord.  Then we began to ask the Lord to also prepare a godly young man to eventually become her wife and lead in the development of a home where Christ was honored and worshipped.
          As Taylor grew up the Lord led her to a ministry with Disciplemakers and she was assigned to the Penn State campus where she has had an impact on the lives of many students.  There she began to attend a local church where she met Daniel, a young man working on his doctorate in chemical engineering.  Soon they began to date and it wasn't too long until they became engaged.
          Originally they planned to get married in December.  They arranged to rent a church, an area for a reception, a caterer, a pastor and a wedding party.  They sent the date out to many of their friends and everything moved along smoothly.
          But then the pandemic began to interfere.  Gov. Wolf slapped restrictions on attendances.  Their rented church did not open as others were doing. Other problems developed and they began to pray about making a major change.  They found that the Star Barn was actually available on October 4 and both the wedding and reception could be held there.  The church returned their deposit.  The pastor and wedding party were available then and a new caterer was found.  Answers to prayer. 
          So the date was changed and the Lord provided this beautiful day for a special outdoor wedding that allowed about 150 to attend.  The ceremony was also streamed to many who couldn't attend.  The only real problem encountered that day was that one of the groom's party was 15 minutes late and that held up the start.  But I don't think anybody was upset by that since the weather and scenery were so great.
          The ceremony was God honoring.  The pastor did an excellent job.  And the bride was beautiful.  And before long we were introduced for the first time to Mr. and Mrs. Daniel Cetnar.  Our prayers for 26 years were answered.  Now we begin to pray for them as a couple and are asking the Lord to lead them and use them in the years to come.
          But there were other prayers answered that day.  My wife and I have isolated ourselves since March.  We have not been with anyone or with any group during that time.  Because of our age and physical challenges our doctors have directed us to do this.  So it was a step of faith for us to step out and attend our granddaughter's wedding.  We prayed about it and thankfully a few of my blog readers read my request and prayed with us.  We attended and had a wonderful time!  Then, a few days ago, I had a Covid 19 test for my surgery yesterday.  PTL, it came back negative.  More answers to prayer.
          Sometimes our prayers are answered immediately and sometimes they take years to be answered.  But God hears us and doesn't forget us.  We just need to keep trusting him.  One of my favorite verses is Jeremiah 33:3, "Call unto me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things which you knoweth not."  That has been so true in my life.
          P.S. – This blog was written before my surgery on Friday afternoon.  So right now I don't know how it went.  Please join us in praying for a safe and successful surgery and a good recovery.  Thank you!

No comments: